Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Day Just For Me

I guess the title of this post is a bit misleading. Of course I did some household chores and attended a workshop on Spiritual Direction (felt very sorry for the presenters as only 5 people showed up) but I also spent some of the day doing things that I enjoy.

I curled up on my recliner and finished this book for the second time in my life.

Once I finished this book I pulled out one from the stack I brought home from the library last week. I finished "Though Not Dead", in a matter of hours and pulled out another to read.

I am reading "Cat's Claw" right now and thoroughly enjoying it. I hope to finish it before tomorrow night.

Oh the joy of losing myself in a good book. It is so wonderful to actually have time to sit down and read!! I had actually forgotten how much enjoyment reading brings to my life. While I was working I didn't have much time to read and so I would pick books that, well , could be read before I fell asleep at night. Some did not have much of a story line at all, others took me so long to get through I forgot what happened at the beginning. Now that I am retired for the most part I can enjoy the library and all the free reading material. Lots of new and exciting reading material just waiting for me.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Jackie -

    I have been reading a lot more now that I am retired, too! Do you have an e-reader? I have a Nook and absolutely LOVE it. I have 90+ books in my library and I think I have only paid for maybe 5 total (with a B&N card I received as a gift). There are a TON of totally free books for the Nook...and if I remember correctly I think you can download the reader app onto your computer and read books there too. I am reading a good one now about a neurosurgeon who begins to pray with his patients and the difference it makes in the patient's outlook and outcome. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it seems really good. All for free, too!

    Enjoy your "ME TIME".

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, I have a Kobo with lots of books downloaded on it as well. I don't have quite as many downloaded as you but plan on getting a few more on there in a week or so. I have almost finished all the ones downloaded so I need to spend a day downloading a few more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete