Friday, August 23, 2013

Fresh Fruit and More

Even though our cherry trees did not produce much this year, and what was produced the greedy Robins decided to feast on we still managed to get some free fruit. Free is always good.

Our neighbour has plum and apple trees in her yard and always shares. Today she brought over a partial bag of plums. Irene informed me there will be more that this is just a start. I washed up about 3/4 of the bag and put them in a bowl for us to munch on.

Harvey has already been munching on them.

Our cucumbers have decided to start growing once again. Today Harvey picked 8 large ones and I decided it was time to make Pickles in a Bucket.

Started to thinly slice them.

Added them to the brine mixed in an ice cream pail.

They will be ready to eat in about 3 weeks.... Kris should enjoy them as we will be on our holidays at that time.

I still have lots of large cucumbers left (and a few smaller ones), so I think tomorrow I will be making Cucumber Salad to go with the leftovers for supper.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment