Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Busy Weekend

I promised you all pictures of what I had been up to this weekend and so I will.

Kris came home and so I needed to make items for a care package for him. Along with potatoes, corn and a cucumber from the garden I managed to send him back with lots of goodies.

First I made a cake. No picture cause it disappeared almost as soon as I took it out of the oven.


First off I made a double batch of Unbaked Cookies, some to fill the cookie jar and some for Kris to take with him.

Next were these beauties (Kris decided they were the best he had ever had fresh out of the oven) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Once again half for him and half for us.

I didn't take a picture of the next batch of cookies I made. Snickerdoodles, so very simple and such a lovely smell.

All this baking occurred on Saturday while it was pouring rain. It is hard to read the rain gauge but at this point we had received 5 inches. By the time the storm had passed over us we had a grand total of 6 1/2 inches. We really needed it, but getting dumped on so quickly at times caused flooding in many areas of the city.

Sunday after Mass, I decided it was time to do something with those eggplant I picked.

The first 5 of 7 trays of Eggplant Parma. Six trays are in the freezer and one tray went back with Kris.

I also made a loaf of bread for him to take.

Then of course there were all the frozen meals I made him from leftovers.

I think he will be in good shape for awhile.

Today I made something I have never made before.

Simmering on the stove. I am so glad that food processors were invented. Mine made short work of chopping celery and onion finely enough for this recipe.

Some Chili Sauce for the winter.

I also dehydrated more basil and oregano today. My, the house smelled just lovely!!!!

Tomorrow will be more preserving and dehydrating. Must get as much done as possible before we leave on holiday. We never know when frost will hit and I would like to get as much out of the garden as we can before that happens. Saving money on groceries is my mantra this year.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of rainfall Jackie. You've been super busy making and baking. It all looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete