We got back to Canada late Thursday and stayed overnight at Kris's home. We did leave there fairly early on Friday, but were just plain tired right out.
The flight home was uneventful really, but being awake for 29 1/2 hours is not at all fun. We both tried to sleep on the longer flight, but neither of us can get a very good sleep when flying.
Also it didn't help that we were both coming down with colds and once home kind of crashed.
Then came the fun of trying to get the garden harvested and processed. That is moving along very slowly, but it is moving ahead. Yesterday I picked cucumbers and cherries. Pie filling made, and the cucumbers will be eaten as we will be getting many more over the next while.
Cherry pie filling in the molds and ready for the freezer. This is supposedly enough for three pies, but I hope to get more cherries on sale and make a few more containers.
Today picking continued.
Harvey picked beans and I washed, clipped, blanched and packaged for the freezer. I managed to get 7 bags of beans packaged from this lot. He also picked four cobs of corn, two of which we will eat tonight.
I picked these.
Some eggplant to make our first Parma for the season. There are a few smaller ones on the plants and more flowers as well.
Tomorrow, even though I still feel slightly punk I will need to go shopping. It will probably be the only shopping trip this month. Considering how spendy our trip was this is probably a good idea. However, as we were eating down the fridge freezer and the pantry the list is long and probably very costly.
I will be getting my pictures together of our trip and will share them with you all starting a bit on Monday. I will say that even though the cruise was changed due to very low water on the Danube, we treated it as an adventure and Viking treated all the passengers like Kings and Queens.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.




No comments:
Post a Comment