Thrifty and Frugal
Just a quick update. This has not been a frugal week at all. Little things needed to be purchased for our trip.
The few frugal things I have managed to get done are hopefully enough to keep spending down.
1. I forgot to get our allowances out on the 15th of this month so a bit of a cash saving there.
2. Purchased a new tablet for our trip, but it was bought on sale and really so much less expensive than when I purchased the old one. I just did not want to take the notebook with me and all the cords that come with it. I found out that the cord that charges the tablet also charges my cell phone. A bit of a save on packing.
3. Groceries were low, but mostly because I was using up leftovers. I am going to have to do a big stock up over the months of August and September.
4. Made cherry jam, dehydrated herbs, and made a 1/2 batch of relish. Hope to pick some more cherries tomorrow and make pie filling.
5. Hung the clothes on the lines to take advantage of wonderful drying weather.
6. Eating cucumbers, potatoes, lettuce and corn on the cob from the garden.
7. Pulled stock from the chest freezer and made lots of chicken veggie, barley soup for meals later. Still more stock to use (ham and beef) that will be made up when we get back.
8. Mended a top that I want to take with me on this trip.
I will probably be too busy to post over the next few days, but I hope to post something about our arrival in Budapest on the 3rd.
Everybody have a wonderful evening. I will try and catch up with all of you when we are at Kris's on Saturday.
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment