Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff


 Wow, I looked at the Viking Journey home page and we only have 13 days left before we take off. Kind of scary as I do not feel at all prepared as of yet. I hope that by the end of this week I feel more ready to be flying across Canada, the Atlantic Ocean and halfway into Europe (though it could be closer to 2/3 of the way in). 

Each day I try and do a little bit more in preparation and slowly my list is getting checked off bit by bit. However the garden really is not helping things. Neither are the cherry trees. I only hope things do not get over ripe or in rough shape from lack of rain. 

Yesterday I finished one of the two dresses I want to make, and today I cut out the second dress. Plus, Harvey asked me to make him another pair of summer weight pajama bottoms, so I searched my fabric, found some and got those cut out as well. Hopefully sewing will be happening over the next few days and things will be finished. I would love to get another skirt made, but I really don't think I have the time left, or perhaps I should say the inclination. The skirt I have in mind and the next jacket will more than likely have to wait until we are home again.

There were errands that I had planned to get done today, but I got a phone call from my doctor's receptionist saying that Dr. N would be phoning me this afternoon. So those have been moved to another day. It could be two days as I don't know how long it will take in the cell phone store. Or getting the few groceries I need for the rest of the time here at home. I may be getting our prescriptions a bit later. 

As I have said I am trying to use up and go through the pantry (both in the kitchen and in the hallway closet). I fear when we get home there is going to be a fairly expensive shopping trip. Things are being used up and will need replacing very soon. 

Off to get supper made and then visit all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment