Wow, I looked at the Viking Journey home page and we only have 13 days left before we take off. Kind of scary as I do not feel at all prepared as of yet. I hope that by the end of this week I feel more ready to be flying across Canada, the Atlantic Ocean and halfway into Europe (though it could be closer to 2/3 of the way in).
Each day I try and do a little bit more in preparation and slowly my list is getting checked off bit by bit. However the garden really is not helping things. Neither are the cherry trees. I only hope things do not get over ripe or in rough shape from lack of rain.
Yesterday I finished one of the two dresses I want to make, and today I cut out the second dress. Plus, Harvey asked me to make him another pair of summer weight pajama bottoms, so I searched my fabric, found some and got those cut out as well. Hopefully sewing will be happening over the next few days and things will be finished. I would love to get another skirt made, but I really don't think I have the time left, or perhaps I should say the inclination. The skirt I have in mind and the next jacket will more than likely have to wait until we are home again.
There were errands that I had planned to get done today, but I got a phone call from my doctor's receptionist saying that Dr. N would be phoning me this afternoon. So those have been moved to another day. It could be two days as I don't know how long it will take in the cell phone store. Or getting the few groceries I need for the rest of the time here at home. I may be getting our prescriptions a bit later.
As I have said I am trying to use up and go through the pantry (both in the kitchen and in the hallway closet). I fear when we get home there is going to be a fairly expensive shopping trip. Things are being used up and will need replacing very soon.
Off to get supper made and then visit all of you.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

I always feel anxious as a trip draws closer Jackie - more anxious than excited. There always seems so much to do last minute. Sounds like you got some good sewing done though. xx
ReplyDeleteI have a growing list of items we’ve run out of this month and will need to replenish the next time we get groceries. I love that you make your own clothes.
ReplyDeleteBelinda
You will need a vacation from getting ready, and then we always need a vacation after the vacation! You got this.
ReplyDeleteOha Viking cruise. I've never been so really look forward to reading a out it. You sound very prepared even if you don't feel it.
ReplyDeleteVery excited for your trip - sounds like it's going to be so much fun. Although very much agree that the prep always feels daunting. - Hawaii Planner
ReplyDeleteYour Viking cruise sounds amazing. I get extremely anxious before a big vacation - one reason I don't travel anymore. After years of enjoying flying, I have developed a real distaste for the whole ordeal. Plus I don't like planning or packing. I'd say those are key essentials. Lol. I'm more of a, get up in the morning, get in the car and go! Hahaha - okay then there is the thoughts, 200 miles away..." Did we unplug the coffee pot?" " lock the front door?" Or the most recent, " did we close the garage door?" We had to call a neighbor to check. Lol
ReplyDeleteLove to see the garment you make!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that your holiday is so close. I don't really like the countdown to holidays. I find it quite stressful, as time seems to run away from you. Once I'm packed and on my way, I'm fine though. I hope you get all your sewing done and everything else you need to do.
ReplyDeleteI have never been on a cruise! But I love the water! The ocean is so nice. I think it's fantastic that you make your own clothes, dear Jackie.
ReplyDeleteI think anxiety is just one of those things we have to deal with before a trip BUT my advice is that once you have left, don't dwell on the cherry tree or the gardens. That is when we need to focus on what's ahead of us so we enjoy it to the fullest.
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented with sewing, must be nice!
Exciting times with your holiday departure date galloping towards you. I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it.
ReplyDeleteSounds as though you're going to have some super new dresses, I aways made new for holidays..
ReplyDeleteGetting ready to go away is always an ordeal it seems. I make all sorts of lists which is the only way I can manage it and even then I overlook things. Good thing we don't travel much!
ReplyDelete