Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blogging Break Over

Well it has been a long time since I posted, things just seemed to spiral out of control for awhile. Now things are back to normal (or at least as normal as they get around here) and hopefully I can get back on track.

Spring weather was just so horrible this year. It seemed as if I was forever waiting to plant my garden and once we managed to we spent many a night running out and covering every thing up to protect it from frost. Hence my garden and flowers are just starting to grow and look half way decent.






This is a picture of one of the railing boxes on our front steps. The Cascade Petunias are finally filling out and looking very nice.









These are some lovely hot pink geraniums that I put in a basket beside the front door. They just keep right on blooming and the scent of the leaves keeps the mosquitoes far away from my front door.










Ahhh, some of the MoonFlowers I started in the house. This planter is on the cement patio, I have another on the deck. They aren't growing as quickly as I would like, but they are finally showing some signs of enjoying the warmer weather.






My Impatience corner. These are growing by leaps and bounds. I have mini roses on the deck floor and they are starting to bloom once again.
Now that I have talked about and shown you some of my babies I will tell you all about my last month of working.
I was really contemplating quitting my job by the middle of the month of May. It seemed that according to the teacher I could do nothing right. It made me wonder how I could go from being a blessing to the class to a total failure. She came right out and said I didn't know how to use my down time....then I looked over at the other aide who was sitting there doing nothing and said to her "I always ask you if there is anything you need done or write up reports for you, do you have any other suggestions as to what I could be doing?" This bothered me a great deal until it came to light that the teacher wanted me to quit so that her daughter would be hired to take my place. It was then I decided that I would go to the Principal if things stayed as tense between us as had been, or if my evaluation was not good. When the time came for my evaluation every thing was just fine, no problems what so ever. HUH? What ever happened to all the knit picking of every little thing I did...guess I will never know.
During this time our youngest son. Kris had another serious battle with depression. I spent many an hour on the phone with him and finally got a chance to go up and see him. He is doing better right now, but since it is situational depression it is bound to catch up with him again. It broke my heart to hear him crying on the phone and wondering if he would be living on the street and eating out of garbage cans in five years. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him over my dead body would that happen. I just hope the situation rights itself very soon. I am going to ask you all to pray for him, he really needs the prayers right now.
Well I am off to pay all of you a visit. It will be great to catch up with everyone. More garden pictures in my next post, and perhaps a picture or two of what I have been doing sewing and knitting wise to keep sane. Everybody have a wonderful evening. God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    I'm glad to see you back. I have missed you and was beginnin to wonder if all was well.

    I have lived with depression on and off all of my life and so do know that Kris is going through a difficult time. I have a suggestion. Tell him to take 1,000 IU of Vitamin D a day. It sure helped me. Maybe you could send him some.

    I've added Kris to my prayer list. I hope things change for him very soon.

    Enjoy your week, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I have missed you very much! I will pray for your son daily,it is so hard being a parent and seeing our children no matter how old they are go thourgh somthing like this.I'm sorry to hear that your work has been the way it is, people can be sooo~~~ mean! Your flowers are so pretty!! I have been such a good girl and haven't bought any flowers to plant in a long time. I don't blog much but I'm hoping to start again soon, but I'm sure it wont be everyday, time is so hard to come by these days. Take care of yourself my friend and I hope your job treats you well always, they are lucky to have you!
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back from your break! Your flowers are so pretty. I didn't know mosquitos don't like the scent of geraniums. I'm going to put some on my front porch! I have gardenias which they probably love!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie!
    I'm delighted to see you back! I'm sorry you had to go through this nonsense at work. (I understand, my DH is dealing with a version of it right now. Same basic reason, too...)
    I will certainly pray for Kris .. and for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a few challenges to start your summer. I hope the rest of summer will be brighter.

    Your gardens are beautiful! I'm a bit jealous though because I didn't plant vegetables and I have this memory of taking delicious bites from a homegrown tomato. Enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete