Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy In The Garden

It has been a busy few days around the Phillip's house. Harvey was busy painting and refurbishing on of my outdoor benches. Here is a picture of the ends all nicely spray painted black. I will post a picture of the finished project once he gets it together and set up under the cherry trees




Then this morning I got to go out and pick some more peas from our garden. Mmmm, nothing quite tastes the same as fresh peas.





My mint and oregano needed to be trimmed back....so I cut them back and dried the trimmings for use throughout the winter. I think tomorrow I will trim back the thyme and bring in the trimmings to dry.

Thank heavens that I have two dehydrators. They get a great deal of use at this time of year.

Well off to make supper. I will be by to visit all of you later tonight.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. You got a nice crop of peas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH~~~ Your bench will look so pretty! How I wish I had room to grow veggies, they look so yummy. Thank-you for your sweet~~ sweet~~ comment on my blog!Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Those fresh peas look wonderful! I just love peas -- DH hates them, though, so I don't have them very often. They look delicious - enjoy!

    Randa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have been busy! I've always wanted to grow herbs. After seeing this post I think I'm going to research it and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete