Sunday, July 12, 2009

Busy Weekend

Well the weekend is winding down and I actually have time to post.

My nephew got married this weekend and I was quite busy from Friday until early this afternoon.

Meet Derek and Karla. Derek is my sister's youngest child and my godson. It was very strange to see him get married as to me he was still the chubby little fellow that chased frogs with me. Just goes to show a person that people (youngsters especially) grow up really fast!

Here is a picture of my sister's family. Derek and Karla are of course front and center. My neice Ashley and her husband Nolan are on the left side, Jared my sister's oldest boy is the tall fellow in the center and then come my sister and her husband Gerry.
When I heard that Karla made her own wedding cake, I just had to take a photo of it to share with all of you. It was absolutely perfect, and to think that with all the other wedding plans she still had time to make it is mind boggling to me.
Well off to visit all of you.
Everyone have a wonderful evening. God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    Congratulations to the bride and groom. I wish them many wonderful years. The wedding cake is amazing and the photos are delightful. Your nephew looks quite young to me but yes, they do grow up quickly and time flies by without us noticing.

    Enjoyed visiting with you. Hope all is well in your part of the country. It was a beautiful summer day today...73 degrees and the same is predicted for tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH~~~ What a beautiful couple! The cake is so pretty! Wayne wanted me to tell you thank-you for the Happy Birthday wish.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bride and groom look so happy! I can't imagine being the bride and making my own wedding cake.. it is beautiful.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make a lovely couple! And the cake looks wonderful .. I think your nephew got a catch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy and darling couple...wishing them much joy.
    The weddings cake is lovely...a labor of love from the bride to all...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete