Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

It is the end of a very long day for me.

I spent much of it working in the kitchen putting up dills and making Cabbage Bread. I did take a break while the Cabbage Bread was baking to work on my cross stitch project. I keep reminding myself "little bites" will get it finished.


Since our cucumbers were more or less set way back by the hail storm we had I ended up buying cucumbers at our Farmer's Market here in town. I made 2 batches this morning and only one did not seal after putting them all through the hot water bath. That one is now in our fridge. I managed to get 14 quarts done and I think that will be enough for Harvey and I this winter.

I only made one batch of Cabbage Bread, which gave me enough for 6 meals this winter. I didn't get a picture of them, but we had 2 each for supper tonight and they were very good.

Mass was bitter sweet today. Our priest is leaving for another parish and we are getting a new one starting on August 1st. While the priest who is coming has been here before and is well liked I know there is going to be fall out over the reason for our other priest leaving. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that nothing untoward happens. I do believe there will be a shake up of the entire parish however.

Harvey picked the last of the peas today. We have enough for a meal so there is no need for me to prepare these for the freezer.

The next item that will be made for winter use will more than likely be the carrots, peppers and making another batch of Cabbage Bread. I am even tempted to make some Lazy Cabbage Rolls instead of regular ones.... I have lots of shredded cabbage as none of our cabbages were decent enough to keep for regular Cabbage Rolls. The carrots and peppers will be awhile yet so the cabbage is the only thing I will be working with over the next week. Should leave me some time to get some sewing and knitting projects done.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment