Thursday, September 12, 2013

Update A Day Late and Some Family Pictures

Things got away from me yesterday and I did not manage to update my cross stitch project.

This is what it looked like a week ago.

And this is what it looks like before I started working on it today.

I can actually see a big difference!!! It makes me feel like I have accomplished something on it.

A cousin of mine posted some pictures on Facebook that make me remember my days growing up.

This is a picture of my Grandma Koch. She always seemed to be busy cooking and cleaning. I loved coming from Ontario and staying for the week to visit her.
Never did she tell us not to eat something, and her hugs were the best. Grandma had 65 grandchildren and until near the very end always remembered our names and the names of our husbands and children.

We would also go and visit Grandpa the day we got into town. He worked at the hotel and because of this we would have to wave from the door. He would come over with packages of Juicy Fruit gum to give to each of us.

This is a picture of my grandparents and the oldest children in the family.

 This is my Uncle Albert and my Aunt Frieda sitting between my Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma got married at 16.......

Here is a picture of my Grandpa's parents and siblings. Grandpa seems to be missing from the photo. They immigrated from a small German town in Russia, coming up through the United States. Great Grandpa left a brother and sister somewhere in the United States. We did meet relatives from Washington State once many years ago.

I remember Uncle Konrad and Uncle Alex...not so much Uncle David. When we lived in Toronto Uncle Konrad would come for Sunday dinner at least once a month. He had two children, but I only ever met the son and can't for the life of me remember his name. Uncle Konrad was a tailor and had a hunchback. He was a very sweet man and always had a pocketful of chocolate for us kids.

Uncle Alex owned one of the funeral homes in Yorkton. He changed the spelling of his last name so people would pronounce it correctly. He was no longer Alex Koch but Alex Cook....

Well that is a little bit about my family history on my fathers side.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment