Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

Today is the Third Sunday of Advent. The pink candle represents Joy.

Father Brian stressed in his homily today something that Pope Francis spoke about. We are not to be
"sour pusses" when giving. We are supposed to give in the spirit of Christ, with a smile on our faces and joy in our hearts! I do hope that I am not a sour puss when giving and I am going to practice this everyday during the rest of the Advent season giving joyfully from my heart.

I am feeling a bit better today, still a bit weak and shaky, but at least able to function. Perhaps not up to full speed as of yet, but getting there.

Today I picked this to give to the second hand store that supports battered women here in our city.

This jewelry box was one of the first gifts Harvey bought for me after we married. It has been in the closet for the last few years since he bought me a rather large standing jewelry box. I think I have held on to it long enough and it is time it found another home. Once it is cleaned up I will add it to the bag containing a couple of books and drop it off. I am sure someone else will find a good use for it.

I also did make one more tray of squares....along with a loaf of bread (got to love a bread maker).

Can you tell I love chocolate? This is some Caramel Toffee Squares and as soon as it softens a touch it will be cut up and stored in containers.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment