Friday, August 18, 2023

Frugal Friday


 First off I want to let you all know I feel not too bad today. Next just letting you readers know I felt pretty blah most of the day, but still plugged along slowly but surely getting things done. 

However right after supper I started to feel nauseous, got a headache, dizzy and really blah. I laid down and that is when it got really bad. The bathroom and I made best friends for about 2 hours. After that I went to sleep and didn't wake up until early this morning. 

I am not sure what was wrong with me, or if I am totally over whatever this is/was (still have a slight headache) so I will probably take lots of breathers and do things slowly.

Also, I have been a moderator for a forum for too many years to actually count (probably around 15) and in fact the only moderator for the entire time. I have sent in notice that I will not be doing that task any longer, and that I will be stepping back a bit from posting as well. It is just too much at this point in my life. Time I learned to be frugal with exactly that...my time. I need to concentrate on what gives me pleasure and makes me happy.


Okay on with what frugal things are happening here on the old homestead....

1.  We have had a couple of coolish nights so the windows have been opened and the air conditioning off on those occasions.

2.  No real shopping this week. I did go to the bank and get our allowances as well as some cash for our trip. Today we get haircuts, one wants to be able to see the sites (or is it sights, I sometimes forget .. old age catching up with me).

3.  Processing the garden, putting all that lovely freshness into the freezer for the winter.

4.  Using the clothesline as much as possible.

5.  Leftovers are now cleared out of the fridge as quickly as possible.

6.  Put $50.00 in my savings envelope and another $3.15 in the change jars.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


14 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better and that it was just a 24 hour thing.
    A moderators work is a tough job. I don't blame you a bit. It is time to do what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it was a simple bug that needed to run through your system. But if it returns or your headache gets worse, do consider seeing a doctor. Sudden onset of those symptoms remind me of my mother's first stroke. The fact you're feeling better today, would suggest it wasn't but do be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read you weren't feeling well, hope it clears up fully before you go away, last thing you need is to be unwell on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you haven't been well. Hope you make a speedy recovery. OH has been ill too this week. It must be exciting, counting down the days until your cruise. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie..I was a long time lurker on Erin's frugal living forum. (I remember Michelle Carr lol) . That said, you did an wonderful amazing job as a moderator. Nobody could have done it better or longer. I have learned a lot about frugality from you. Rest now, and thank you so much for sharing your life, time and talents. God Bless. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, I remember that whole terrible thing too. And then another abusive person (I won't name names, lol) who attacked several forum members on Facebook, including me. Jackie was the epitome of grace and professionalism in her handling of all those sticky situations.

      Delete
    2. Patty, to me, Jackie is F.L. She has been the voice of reason, kindness, compassion and plain old common sense day after day. No matter what was going on! And there have been some strong personalities over the years. I was a lurker, mainly because I don't think I'm frugal enough! But Jackie's grace will always be missed. Carrie

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel totally well by the time you leave on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you're unwell. I'm praying that it's nothing serious & that you'll get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, perhaps you got hit by a nasty bug, hope you are feeling much better now. You certainly want to be fighting fit for your exciting cruise, which must be coming up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you better health in the coming days. Always enjoy your frugal tips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder if it was vertigo? I have had a similar experience. Take care and take time to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ending your moderation role sounds like a good opportunity free up some of your time. And, it's always good to take a look at where we're spending our time & energy, and make changes as needed. Good for you.

    I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're feeling better by now and that your DH didn't succumb.
    I like the thought of being frugal with time too - good for you for realizing that and stepping back from something that you'd done for so long.

    ReplyDelete