Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


I think I better answer a question first. I was asked what I was going to do with the ground dehydrated tomato skins. I hope to use them in stews, soups, and other dishes to add just a touch more tomato flavour. 


It has been raining off and on all day, at times we have had really heavy down pours. This meant I was stuck inside putzing around. Did I get much done... Not really, but I at least have gotten a few things completed and another almost done. Decluttering/tidying the sewing/craft room is taking a very long time, but there is forward movement.

Now what thrifty things have I been up to this week.

I bartered tomatoes and cucumbers for plums and crabapples.

I made 6 trays of Eggplant Parma for the freezer.

Mending happened this week as well. That is something (other than darning) that has not been done in awhile.

Dehydrated some peppers that were going a bit soft. I also dehydrated some herbs.

I bought fuel for the car which I hope to stretch until we come home from the airport after our trip.

Researching homemade salves, lotions and lip balms. I am pretty sure I can DIY them less expensively than purchasing them. 

Did a few surveys for points towards gift cards. Hoping to get enough points to get cards for the sons for Christmas.

Found lots of unfinished projects which will keep me busy for a long time when added to the projects I want to complete this year.

Using up leftovers tonight to clean out the fridge and not waste anything. New recipe, so I hope it turns out okay.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

3 comments: