Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Since I seem to be having a difficult time keeping to my planned menus and needing to go back to last week, I didn't post a menu plan this week. When we get back things should (hopefully) a bit more normal.


I have been picking in the garden early in the morning as it gets much too hot to be out in the afternoons and the mosquitos are bad now in the evening.

Harvey finished his wood rack project and with the help of his new toy managed to split logs and fill it this morning. Looks pretty darn good. Now we won't have to hunt in the woodshed in the dark. Hopefully we can have another fire before we leave, right now it is just too hot.

I made two small sachets from the dried lavender. Just small plain bags. I would like to make a few more when we get home as they smell so lovely.

The oregano salve was made yesterday. I managed to get 4 small containers and am looking forward to giving them a try.

The cherry liqueur was started yesterday and I should have said in a previous post it will be 6-8 weeks before it is ready. Right now it is a dark, cool place and will need to be shook every so often. Hope us being away and it not getting shook won't ruin it.

Tomorrow I hope to pick beans and along with tomatoes get them processed and in the fridge. 

Wednesday I will be going to the bank and getting some American cash and our allowances. I may make a trip to our phone company and see about getting at least one week of our phone being upgraded to be used in the U.S. I also want to make more Eggplant Parma so at least the larger ones will be used up before we leave.

My packing list has been made, and I hope to be able to get everything in my case. I am packing layers and will even take those small gloves that Maebeme spoke about. 

Other than that I have done some extra cleaning, been working on decluttering the sewing/craft room (this week I will go through patterns) and staying in.

Off to start supper and get the table set. Then I hope to visit you all.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Busy week. You make such interesting things. Oregano sauve?
    I have lots of oregano growing but never do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're cruising the glaciers, those mini-gloves will come in handy. They do serve hot chocolate on the deck but you'll want to have your camera at the ready.
    Your garden is producing so well. Does it seem early this year? Or am I just imagining things? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting ready for a trip is always work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always so much to do before going away on a trip. You seem to have a handle on it though Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really wish I dared have lavender in my house but it makes me sneeze so I suspect I'm somewhat allergic to it...same thing with white Easter lilies and lilacs.

    ReplyDelete