Monday, October 5, 2026

Menu Monday


 I have made a few changes to the monthly menu already, and here it is only the 5th. Changes will use a few items up in the fridge freezer, and fridge itself. The reason being is that we had leftovers that took a couple of days to get through so main courses were moved a couple of days. 

Monday

The leftover ham I was going to use on Sunday is being used tonight. It will be diced up, and mixed with some frozen peas, finely diced onion, sliced fresh mushrooms, and the cheesy macaroni from last night to make a warming casserole.

Tuesday

Soup and grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.

Wednesday

Some smoked hamburgers on buns with pickles, cheese and whatever spread we want on them. I will make some fries to go along and cut up a cucumber and tomato (or tomatoes) as sides.

Thursday

I pulled a pizza from the freezer and will add some toppings to it. Mushrooms, ham, cheese, onion and some green pepper strips from the fridge freezer.

Friday

Making probably Glace as it can be warmed up as Kurt and Kris arrive home. If they do not want that I am sure there will be sandwich fixings and probably some leftover soup.

Saturday

Harvey is going to smoke pork chops, I will make a potato salad or coleslaw, and there will be corn on the cob to munch on as well. Dessert will more than likely be a birthday cake as both celebrate their birthday the end of next week.

Sunday

Thanksgiving. I will be making a turkey, stuffing, salad, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and gravy. Dessert can be cake or pumpkin pie with whipped cream or ice cream. Turkey leftovers will be packaged up and both Kurt and Kris can take some home with them when they leave on the Monday. 


I have noticed as I cleaned and organized the chest freezer that I am out of turkey and chicken bone broth and so after Thanksgiving I will be using the carcasses I have in the fridge freezer to make some replacement broth. 

I will need to tighten the frugal belt a bit more, as I had an expense that is a bit higher than I thought it would be. Explanation tomorrow on that.

I am feeling much better overall, but still not totally myself. Not good as there is much to do before the holiday.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. The menu sounds wonderful. Hope you continue to feel better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just written on my shopping list for this month that I need to buy a turkey Jackie - as they get really expensive here the closer it gets to Christmas. Your menu's always sound so good. Wishing you a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always impressed that you manage to make a menu plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jackie, your meals sound delicious. And your Thanksgiving dinner sounds fantastic. 😋

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jackie, I pray 🙏 that you feel better and more like yourself with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie, thank you for the tip for roasting the pumpkins for pie, I'll be doing that today. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy early Birthday to Kris and Kurt! Enjoy your time together this weekend.

    ReplyDelete