Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finished Up A Few Projects

Our futon for the basement room that I am turning into a library finally arrived yesterday. Harvey had fun putting it together and then decided to have a nap on it. He had to test it out! He says that it is very comfortable and our son Kurt should be able to sleep just fine on it when he visits.

I finished all the costumes for the school musical this week. I had to add a double layer of braid to one girls jeans as her pants were just way to short. They turned out very nicely and all the girls now want me to add braid to their jeans! I told the it is not going to happen.

I have spent part of my free time working on an embroidered baby quilt. It was finished yesterday. What do you all think?


I tried to keep to neutral colours so it would be suitable for a boy or a girl. Boy is it hard not to use blue or pink when doing embroidery work. The machine quilting took awhile as my wrists would start to hurt when I worked on it for any length of time.

Then yesterday and today I figured as I had all the chair backpacks cut out for the students in the class I work in I might as well get those finished up as well. The teacher will be so happy as now the children have no excuse about not having things all over the floor. I made 17 of them and they seemed to do up in a matter of minutes. Actually took me about 3 hours total, but I am pretty happy with the results.

Here is a picture of all 17 of them on my dining room table.

Now I can relax and finish up a couple of other projects that have been on the back burner for awhile.

I am getting so excited!!! Only 17 days until I get to meet Ginger! I think this is the most exciting part of my trip to Vegas. I think Harvey is wondering if I will ever stop counting down the days.

Well off to visit everyone. Have a wonderful evening. God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    You sure have been busy. The new futon looks comfortable. Glad your hubby could check it out. LOL

    The baby quilt is lovely. I want to get a couple of lap quilts embroidered for Christmas next year. I'm hoping I can find the designs I want at Mary Maxim.

    The backpacks will help a lot I'm sure and you were very courageous to take on this project with all the other things you had to do. You've certainly accomplished quite a lot.

    I'm glad you will be meeting Ginger. Remember to take your camera along and an extra set of batteries.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, you've certainly had a busy week! The quilt is adorable. But how do the backpacks work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG SMILE yes 17 days Jackie something that I truly thought would not ever be possable. HEY that sounds cute braids on the bottom of the jeans smart girls. You are such a busy lady, I hope you get time to rest.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, you are a human machine from what I see... Lots of lovely things, The baby quilt is sweet
    xoox
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've been a busy girl! No wonder you haven't posted in a few days. How exciting to start a count down. I remember going through that last month. 17 days will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie~ So many projects you are doing~ theatre work I know is so time consuming, but very rewarding...I was involved in community theatre for over ten years..

    I LOVE this baby quilt~ you are so talented~ it's perfect~ soft colors, sweet sweet design~ someone will just cherish this forever.

    Yeh! Your room is getting done~ futon is nice to have for "napping" and visitors. This one looks so comfortable too.

    You are a sewing master~ very talented!

    Hugs...and OMGoodness almost time to meet Ginger...(smile)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, Looks like you have been a very busy Gal!
    The Girls jeans are such fun.
    The baby blanket is darling! I love it.
    I love to embroider. I just finished embroidering a Southern Belle pillowcase this past week.
    Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

    ReplyDelete