Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Bookcase and A Pie

A couple of days ago my sweet tooth was acting up so I decided to make a pie. I had some blueberries and some cream cheese that needed to be used up and so I made what has quickly become my favorite type of pie.

A Glazed Blueberry Pie...... Very addictive. Harvey and I have been enjoying a piece for dessert after supper for the last few days. I could quickly gain lots of weight if blueberries and cream cheese went on sale often.

Now on to Harvey's project. Our oldest son Kurt wanted a bookcase for his class and was quite specific in how he wanted it to look.

Here are a few photos of the finished product.

Here is a picture of the front. There are four ledges on which to place the books. Harvey made the ledges adjustable, something Kurt never even thought of.

This is one of the sides. The front sits on brackets and so can be removed for easy transport.

 Here is the back with a couple of shelves so Kurt can store a few books and change up the display every so often.

Turned out pretty darn good.

Harvey's next project is going to be a microwave cabinet for our youngest son Kris. These little projects are keeping him busy and out of my hair during this long cold winter.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. That pie looks dangerous! One of my favorite combinations as well. And the shelves are perfect for a classroom! You and Harvey both are the creative gift!

    ReplyDelete