Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

Today, once again our priests homily touched me. It was about.......

Prayer.

The homily focused on the way we pray using Christ's story of the tax collector and the Pharisee as a backdrop.

The Pharisee thanked God for not making him like the tax collector, while the tax collector asked for God's help for a sinner like him.

More and more as I grow older I see people following the Pharisee. They talk about how glad they are that they are not like "so and so". Or even praying for those things that are wants and not needs. I must say that I have been guilty of this exact same thing at various times in my life.

I am going to change my prayer life..... Perhaps sitting quietly and asking for God's help to become the best person I can be and reaching out more to others. I have so many blessings and it is only right that I share them with those who need blessings in their life.

Here are a few more photo's of our vacation.

Can you spot Nessie????

Some pictures of Glastonbury Abbey.

The supposed grave of King Arthur within the Abbey ruins.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment