Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff


 So, I was slowly getting better, until this morning. Woke up and my back is killing me. Not because I have done too much, rather because of the upcoming weather.

While the next couple of days are going to be just lovely, the Weather Network is forecasting snow starting Saturday night, Sunday and even part of Monday for my area and for Kris's city as well. Kurt will have even more snow fall on his town/city (I never know what to call Drumheller). It is a good thing that I really hope to have any outside errands done by Thursday, I can then stay home and rest my back as much as possible before the visit begins.

This also means that I can no longer put off getting things done outside. I will need to do a bit each day and hopefully when our sons are home I can get them to help with the clean up of flowers and furniture. Though the deck furniture might need to wait until everything dries once again before being covered and stacked.

I have been working in 15 minute bits and then changing position. That could mean moving from standing to sitting, sitting to walking and doing a few stretches as well. 

I have also been going over our budget to see where cuts can be made. As long as the stock market is going crazy we will be losing finances. This means we will need to get creative on meals, driving, water, power, and energy (natural gas). Most will not be hard to cut back a bit on, but considering winter is arriving and we are never sure about the weather or temperatures the heating portion of my planned frugality could definitely take a hit. One thing I do know is that even more appliance cooking will be taking place, the oven will be filled completely as will the dishwasher and washer. I may even hang a bit more on the lines downstairs if at all possible. 

Supper tonight is soup and grilled sandwiches. I only used about 1/2 the cauliflower, so there will be another recipe to use the remainder this week. Just not sure what.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. I’m sorry to hear about the back. I also have chronic back pain. One of my meds will be ending when i run out, per Dr.s orders. Not sure how i feel about that, not too keen, at the moment. Are you talking (writing) about the Dow going crazy? I thought it keeps going up, sort of. Does Canada have its own? We lost half our retirement in 2008 so we have no money in it. My poor husband just couldn’t stand it, anymore. So, our retirement is less than we’d hoped. (And worked so hard for! Don’t ask how i feel about the banks being bailed out, the thieves!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the nasty four letter S word!!! So sorry you are getting hit so soon. Hope you get all done beforehand. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t believe snow is arriving so early—unless this is the usual time for it up there. Meanwhile, we’re baking in the sun and hoping each day for cooler weather to arrive. Not as cold as snow, but a pleasant 60-degree day would be just perfect.

    I went to the doctor about my L3 and L4 to get a referral for the injection, but he convinced me to try physical therapy instead. Once this cyst clears, I’ll give it a shot and hope for the best. My hips ache at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely don't want to hear about that dreaded four-letter white stuff. So sorry your back is giving you grief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your back feels better soon Jackie. I've got a few jobs to do outside before we get our new greenhouse next week. Hoping to do them on Thursday, as it's raining today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear you are on the mend, slowly is better than not at all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete