Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Purple Day

Today was a purple day around the Phillips' house.



My neighbour dropped by late last night with these lovely reddish purple plums from a tree in her backyard. Harvey loves these plums and will more than likely eat them with no problem what so ever.

Then I went out to the garden and picked three of these beautiful eggplant. I have found out over the past few years that nothing beats the taste of fresh eggplant.

I have been craving Moussaka ever since we planted them. Guess what we had for supper today!

First I washed and sliced the eggplant.

Then after boiling the peeled slices I layered them in a 9 X 13 inch pan. Poured the prepared meat sauce over top and then the cheese sauce.

So far so good. Supper is looking scrumptious!!

Here it is out of the oven and ready to eat, served with crusty bread it made a wonderful meal with very little cost. There is enough leftover that I froze a TV type dinner for Kris and we have enough for another meal in a couple of days.


So very good and very filling.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment