Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Reading and A Book Launch

Yesterday I attended a book launch at our public library. I have been waiting for this for a very long time. You see it was the book launch down here for my niece Melanie's first novel.

It only lasted an hour, but I finally managed to get my copy of her book signed.

That is not me in the picture, but that is Melanie sitting down and signing copies of her book.

Her book is about 2 women, one a Canadian and one a Ditka woman from South Sudan. Melanie spent almost 2 years in the Sudan researching her book and we think she did a bang up job of her first novel.

This is a picture of me, Melanie, Autumn (another niece) and Nancy (my sister in law, Autumn's Mom). I hate having my picture taken, but to make Melanie happy I posed for this one.

The title of her book is  While the Sun is Above Us, and it will really open your eyes to the slavery and child soldier issues in the South Sudan.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment