Saturday, September 22, 2012

Keeping My Mind Occupied

I have not been sleeping very well lately and I really have not been that hungry either. So I have been keeping busy getting the garden in and taking long walks to think.

My newest foray was into pickling jalapeno peppers. I haven't done this in a long time, but no way was I going to let those peppers go to waste.

I cut the peppers into rounds and managed to get 4 pints to use over the winter.

 
 
They look so very yummy.
 
I also thought I would share with all of you some of the flowers I have received over the past week from friends and my best friend Harvey.
 

These greeted me when I walked in the door after Dad had passed away. Harvey, usually buys me yellow or red roses, but he said these pink roses spoke to him that day.


These came from some old friends of ours, Penny and Brent. Harvey worked with Brent for a number of years, and Penny played softball with me.


This lovely arrangement came from my best friend, her husband, mother and father (her parents are friends of mine and our sons). Don't mind the dust on the candle holder, I haven't been home very much to take care of it. Now that I will be home for awhile things will be back to normal around here.

I have to smile each and everytime I look at them. Dad loved all these colours and would always have fresh flowers in a vase on the table.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment