Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Just A Bit Of This And That

The day dawned cloudy and rainy once again, but by mid afternoon the rain had stopped and things were drying out. I decided to take a walk around the yard and get some weeding and such done.

Since our front yard seems to be mostly dandelions I spend a bit of time digging them out. Harvey asked if we had been infested by moles when he saw it. There are still many more out there to dig up, but I am giving the moles a rest for the day.

I then moved on to weeding the hosta bed. To my surprise I found that many of the plants were springing up almost overnight.


I continued on with my weeding, just so happy that these were poking their way through the mulch that I did not mind the weeds I had to pull up. I have been concerned that they were all in that place that dead plants go.

My Virginia Creeper is starting to fill out once again. Considering the size of the duplex that has been built behind us, I am so glad that we will have this bit of privacy on our deck.

More and more blossoms are appearing on the cherry trees. We should have another great crop this year....if I can keep ahead of the birds!!! Which is an ongoing battle every year.

It looks as if spring is really and truly here. That means summer should not be far behind. So looking forward to the nice weather considering the long, cold winter we had.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment