Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

It has been a busy day for me considering it is Sunday and supposedly a day of rest.

Started with doing the announcements at Mass this morning, then it was rush home, eat lunch and get on the road once again.

I had a meeting to chair in a small town about an hour away. I swear I left in plenty of time, but with highway construction, farmers burning stubble off the field and getting lost finding a church I have been to many times, I was a bit late!!! Ruined my day totally.

The meeting did go well though and we were finished that in record time. I came home another way to miss the construction and the smoke from the burning stubble. Made good time.

I know a person is supposed to practice patience and I get the fact that some are upset over the new protocols the Church is putting out, but really, it is not that hard to get a Police Record Check to prove that you are not an abuser of any type. I really do not know what the fuss is. I get that some people may be insulted, or decide that they will no longer help. I get that it means that perhaps fewer people will volunteer in various ministries. But this is something we have been asking for, heck even the priests have to undergo this process now. Hopefully people let off steam and will be willing to go with the flow! At one point in the meeting I almost stood up and said what are you hiding, this costs nothing as it is for volunteers, and really unless you have a record what is the big problem. People do fill them out for work.

I am home now with a bunch of reading to do, a report to type up and a workshop to organize for the fall. I think I want to pull some blankets over my head and see if everything will go away.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment