Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Is Here, A Bit of Sadness, A Bit of Joy

In a little while I will be leaving to attend the funeral of a good friend and best friends Mother.

Doris passed away much too quickly. One minute she was here and the next I was getting a phone call from Debbie telling me her mother had died.

Doris was Kurt and Kris's boss for a few summers. You see she ran the park that is quite close to us and when I mentioned the boys needed summer jobs, Doris was already hiring them. They loved working for her, and when I would camp for my week of alone time during the summer she would always visit me for a morning cup of tea. After Gerry and Doris decided not to manage the regional park anymore my camping trips were not the same. No more sharing a giggle or two over cups of tea.

It will be hard to say good bye, but I do know she is in a much nicer place where she no longer needs to suffer any pain. If you have a few spare moments in your day please say a prayer for this wonderful lady and her family.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

1 comment: