Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wonderous Sight

As I do every morning before it gets too hot or rainy (has happened a great deal lately) I took my walk.

I followed my usual path, minding my own business and breathing deeply of the fresh air. Nothing wakes me up more than a walk. I was looking at the flowers and such in peoples front yards when I heard a small squeak.

I looked down and saw this just in front of me.


A small little baby bunny!!! It looked at me and I looked at it. We must have gazed at each other for at least 5 minutes. I sat down on the ground, and it still did not hop away. I slid a bit closer and reached out to pet it slowly. Oh so very soft.....

Finally after a good 15 minutes it hopped away. I would have loved to bring it home with me, but I am sure it would have missed its life in the wild.

This made me realize even more that I love living in my small city. You never know what you can meet on an early morning walk.

I will be gone to our family reunion starting tomorrow. I will try to check in but one never knows how these things go. If not I will see you all on Monday.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment