Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Tidbits

It has been a rough week overall. My best friends mother is dying and really all I can think about is her and her extended family. Everyone got the call to come yesterday and things are still not good. I understand how this is affecting them having gone through the loss of my own father 9 months ago.

I did not get the prayer shawl completely done for her mother but finished it off and gave it to Debbie to take to the hospital. I hope it gives Doris some peace.

A happier occurrence came this afternoon. One of the students I worked with and later became friends with is graduating this year from High School. He phoned and asked if we could meet at the school and have our picture taken together.

Jayden is the young gentleman on the left in this picture. Hard to believe that the youngster that I knew is getting so mature. He is such a sweet boy, every time he sees me I get a big hug from him. It does not matter where we are or who is around he greets me the same way every time.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.
 

1 comment:

  1. It must be so rewarding to see students that you worked with come back in later years just to check in and let you see how they're doing. What a nice picture.

    I said a prayer for your friend's mom and her whole family.

    ReplyDelete