Saturday, November 23, 2013

Slowly But Surely

"Slowly, but surely" can be used in a number of ways on the Phillips homestead. Today, however it is being used for my Christmas baking and candy making..... Slowly but surely I am getting it all done and into the freezer.

Today was another cold day on the prairies and the best thing was to stay in, keep warm and do some Christmasy (is this even a word...blogger doesn't think so) things.

I found it to be another productive day in the kitchen.

First I made these flat Truffles.

Now they are cut and ready to go into the freezer.

I moved on to Peanut Butter Cups, Only this time I made them as squares.

These still have to be sliced and put in a container. I will do that later tonight. Saved lots of time doing them this way for a change.

Onto the next goodie for the freezer. Chocolate Mint Snowballs.

These lovely morsels of chocolate goodness will be rolled in icing sugar just before serving.

Lastly I made something I did not get a chance to make last year and they were dearly missed by everybody in the family. Caramels!!!!!

These still have to cool a bit before cutting and wrapping. I know what I will be busy doing tomorrow after Mass.

Just a few things left to do and I can safely say my baking and candy making is done for the holiday season.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment: