Saturday, July 23, 2016

Around The Old Homestead

Today has been a relatively quiet day. I have gathered up some of the old board games.

We kept these in the camper for those days or nights that it was too rainy to sit around the campfire. Well the Twister game was one the youth group used. I have listed them on a couple of my cities garage sale sites in the hopes of selling a few. Those that don't sell will be donated to one of the two second hand stores in town.

I started going through my rather large book collection. Harvey said I could only have 4 totes of books put into storage. Today after I spent a couple of hours weeding through he said I could have 7 (bet I can get him a bit higher yet). Mainly because he saw how hard it is for me to part with some of them and he said I was working really hard.

These are the three totes I have filled. Tomorrow I get at it once again.

I went out to the garden and did a bit of picking as well.

I managed to get 4 small green peppers and three rather beaten up cucumbers.

I did get the yellow beans blanched and bagged for freezing.

Then I ran out of freezer bags so I guess the green beans will be blanched and frozen tomorrow along with a bit of dehydrating. I will need to run out after Mass and pick up freezer bags so a little bit of spending in order to save money in the long run.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment