Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday Tid Bits

Spent the day knitting, cross stitching and reading. I did do a few chores around the house and went over to my friends for coffee and helped her with her knee exercises. Gave her husband a bit of a break.

Kris will not be coming home on this long weekend, which means we won't see him until Christmas when his older brother, Kurt comes home. I did let him know that if our furnace gets put in sometime in the next couple of weeks (supposedly the furnace guy is coming to do some more measuring next week) we will head up to Regina to pick up flooring and the pine wall covering. Perhaps we will be able to take him out for supper, or if he does not mind sitting in the back seat of the truck taking him shopping with us.

It isn't that we care about Kris more, it's just that he goes through periods of depression and we like to know he is okay. Things haven't always been easy for him over the past 10 or so years and we worry. We worry a lot. In point of fact his brother worries about him as well. Especially since Kris has changed from the outgoing, full of fun, always hanging around with friends to more of a loner. Hopefully things change for him very soon.

I have been rereading some of my frugal books trying to find ways to save even more money. With the markets and the value of the Canadian dollar being so volatile our mutual funds could and probably will take a beating. I am pretty darn happy that we bought a vehicle that is good on gas consumption, and I am ready to face the challenge of rising costs and uncertainty.

One very wonderful thing is that the weather has been great. We are never this warm at this time of year. It was actually colder in October as a couple of mornings I needed to wear my winter coat and this month has seen me outside with no coat at all a few times. Other times I just have my hoodie or zip front fleece on.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment