Saturday, February 3, 2018

Spring Six Weeks Away????

According to the groundhog spring is 6 weeks away. Looking out our window this morning.....

This greeted my eyes. By the time the snow ended late morning, we had accumulated more than we have had for most of the winter. I have a feeling that spring will not be arriving on the prairies of Canada until well after six weeks. Pretty much normal for this area of the country. 

I kept busy inside sewing, knitting and doing cross stitch. Harvey kept busy doing some touch up painting on a wall, and racking over his wine.

In two weeks or so it will be bottling time. 

Ugg, I notice that the chairs need cleaning. I better add that to the extra cleaning list as well as giving the table a really good scrub down. 

I gathered together all the hotel and sample sized bottles of lotion.

Quite the collection! I will be working on using all these up before I start on the full sized tubes and bottles. I have put them out where I can see them and actually use them. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.



4 comments:

  1. I hope spring is six weeks away, I desperately need something to look forward to. I should have been a hedgehog, sleep in the winter awaken in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are days I want to pull the blanket over my head and sleep the winter away as well.

      The bad thing about the Canadian prairies is that we can actually get some snow in May. It hasn't happened often, but enough to make a person wary about planting too early.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Wondering if Harvey raises his own grapes for his wine....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we either use a kit or if we are making a fruit wine (peach, raspberry etc) use fruit that friends give us.

      I tried growing grapes once and had absolutely no success.

      God bless.

      Delete