Thursday, February 1, 2018

Thursday Tidbits

The polar vortex has arrived once again. When a person takes into account the wind chill we are back down to -27C or at times -32 C (especially at night). This means very little walking for me, just up to get the mail and back in the afternoons. 

Still there is enough to do around the house to keep me occupied and once all the household chores were completed (they can be done again, well at least the dusting as Harvey did some drywall sanding) I curled up in my chair with my knitting. This would be my 9th knitting project and while it won't be completed for a day or so it is moving along nicely. While knitting a loaf was baked and we should be good for the next three days. Homemade bread seems to last longer around here than the store bought loaves. 

One of the chores I completed this morning was packaging up the meat I bought on Wednesday into meal sized portions for the freezer. I didn't buy much just the ground beef and hotdogs that were on sale. 

This is a short month and so I am hoping to have 19 or 20 no spend days. Believe me when it is cold out it is easier just to stay in and make do with what we have in the house. 

I also want to continue to declutter and today managed to rid us of 4 more items. None of which could be sent to the second hand store, a couple went into the recycling bin (plastics) and two needed to be tossed. Slowly but surely ridding the house of unneeded "stuff".

Garden planning will be starting soon. I will need to clean the seedling pots and get the seed out to be planted. First though I need to figure out what plants I need in the garden, what herbs I plan on planting, and what vines and flowers will be planted as well. I am so looking forward to colour once again.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment