Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

While the past few weeks have not been the thriftiest due to eating out once while Kris was home and Harvey talking me into purchasing my Instant Pot, things really did not get too out of hand.

I made last Sundays roast in the Instant pot and it was lovely plus everything was ready in about an hour. Next I need to test out the rice cooking function, then the slow cooking function. I do think that in the long run this appliance will be used a great deal saving us money on electrical costs.

I have also been using up all those hotel bottles of shampoo. Amazing how many hair washes one of those small bottles give you. Lotions however have gone by the wayside as I need Harvey's help to apply those. For some reason he doesn't like to smell pretty.

The best thrift this month though is that I accumulated 21 no spend days. Guess breaking a wrist is good for the budget.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Jackie. That's a great number of no spend days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart..so glad no surgery will be required on your wrist. I'm sorry I missed your post on breaking it...I am still having trouble reading and commenting on blogs..I am still having trouble with a lot of things but I'll get better.
    much love to you, Jackie...

    ReplyDelete