Friday, March 2, 2018

Frugal Friday

Overall it has been a pretty frugal week here on the old homestead. Considering I have had to buy a few things that normally I would make being over budget for groceries wasn't too bad. I am also blaming the overage on taking Harvey shopping, it seems like little extras wind up in the shopping cart.

I have been using up those hotel bottles of shampoo, and not having to buy any is great. The same can be said about those small tubes of toothpaste from the dentist. I find it amazing how long they really last.

I haven't been buying much in the way of meat. Instead we have been eating down the freezers. So far it seems to be working very well. 

I have also been doing lots of cooking once and eating at least twice, sometimes even having enough leftover for a lunch. Today half my piece of fish, a few green beans and some of the leftover rice will be heated up for my lunch tomorrow. We are wasting very little, if anything.

Harvey has started the drywall in the basement. While he doesn't love the task, he knows he is saving at least $1,000.00 by doing it himself. Kris will be down next weekend to help him hang the larger sheets on the ceiling.

We are now hunkering down to wait out the storm we are supposed to be getting. Hopefully it will not be as bad as predicted.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Good frugal measures as always Jackie. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby is my Saboteur too, I have to take stuff out he puts in or shop without him! Your doing very well.

    ReplyDelete