Saturday, March 3, 2018

Saturday Roundup

It has been another quiet week around the old homestead. Well, quiet as far as what I have been up to at any rate.

I have used the new Instant pot three times this week.

Sunday to make our roast meal, Friday to cook rice, and today to make hamburger soup. The extra soup has been packaged up, labeled and is almost ready to be put in the freezer for meals later on.

I have packaged up the yarn for my next few projects (once I get this cast off) and tomorrow I will get together some sewing projects as well. My sewing/craft room needs a good going over but that will take place once the basement is completed and I have room to move around once again.

Harvey on the other hand has had a busy week (and it will be even busier over the next while). He has managed to get most  of the drywall and pine boards up, but still has a great deal to accomplish before Kris comes home to help with the ceiling.

The larger sheets of drywall are well covered an outside on the driveway. I just hope we don't get the snow storm that is being predicted. Twenty-five or more centimeters of snow might not be a good thing no matter how well covered the pile is.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


11 comments:

  1. We're getting the big storm here in Alberta. It just won't stop snowing. I've given up on shoveling and you can't even tell that dh has snowblowed the driveway and lane. Crazy! Hope the snow misses you! Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far no storm, though we are getting the predicted freezing rain. Stay safe and warm.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very useful piece of kitchen equipment Jackie, the basement is looking good, I'm being nosey now, what will you keep down there? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have a kind of den/tv room, and an extra bedroom/library. I would love to have my sewing craft room down there as the spare room is bigger, but there is no way I could get all the bookcases and books in the room up here, little lone a bed.

      The back unfinished portion holds our freezers, my Hubby's tools, storage for Christmas items, and a cold room for potatoes, onions, and canning.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're basement is looking great. Can't wait to see it when it's finished, as I'm sure you can't either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that is a great looking basement...he is doing a super job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has had over a year and a half to plan so hopefully everything he wants will be incorporated BJ.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. It's great having a live in handy man.i have never heard of hamburger soup. Nifty bit of kit that soup maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do pressure cooking with it as well. This means a couple less appliances taking up residence in my cupboards.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Your basement is coming along great. I love the pine. You are lucky that Harvey is so handy.

    ReplyDelete