Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

The day has gotten away from me once again. I can't even use the excuse that I slept in, cause I didn't.

Most of today has been spent mending. I darned some socks, fixed a hem, resewed a couple of seams, pulled apart a t-shirt, and fixed the binding on a blanket. The morning sped right by. 

I spent a bit of time this afternoon reading a book, and folding the finally dried clothing and bedding from the basement lines. 

Then it was time to start supper. I am using the leftover roast beef and making a gravy, adding thinly sliced onions, some peas and mushrooms. We will have that over thick slices of homemade bread.

Looking back this has been a very thrifty day, getting the best use out of what we already have.

Tonight I am off to a Pastoral Council meeting, and I am really hoping that it will be a quick one. I am tired and all I want is to curl up with my library book and read.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

I will forego the menu plans this week....Back to regularly scheduled posts next week.


4 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the roast beef with your additions, sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive day, and your supper sounds delicious! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we deserve a day which gets away from us,now and then. Strict schedules can be tiring. -smile- Not even strict. Just plain schedules can be.

    Glad you got some reading time in.

    Hope your meeting was short. When we are tired, our body is telling us... We need rest. And taking care of ourselves, is our most important duty. Agree???

    💕 💕 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we deserve a day which gets away from us,now and then. Strict schedules can be tiring. -smile- Not even strict. Just plain schedules can be.

    Glad you got some reading time in.

    Hope your meeting was short. When we are tired, our body is telling us... We need rest. And taking care of ourselves, is our most important duty. Agree???

    💕 💕 💕

    ReplyDelete