Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday Roundup

This week has had it's ups and downs.

Ups were Kris's wonderful news from the doctor, getting free fire wood and having more come our way early next week. Another up was getting a few small projects completed around the house and Harvey being extremely happy with his new smoker (you just know he had to try it out almost immediately upon getting it together).

I even got to talk with the neighbours yesterday.....physically distancing of course.

A few plants have been purchased, and I will be looking for a few more the next time I go shopping. Colour is definitely needed after the long winter. I just hope I can keep everything alive until planting time. I would hate to have everything die due to the cold and lack of sun.

Downs were the miserable weather we have had since we got back from Regina. Cold, windy, snow and rain. Mind you I am thinking the moisture from the final two is welcome.

I have also gotten a bit of a cold from the extreme changes in our weather. At least I think it is a cold and nothing worse. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Pretty sure physical distancing is getting to me. I so wanted to give Kris a hug when we left, and the thought of not seeing our oldest son this summer is wearing.

The longer time it takes to follow the arrows in stores is beginning to annoy me. Not that I would take my annoyance out on the staff, but following the arrows and then seeing other shoppers go willy nilly through the store not following the arrows is trying my patience. At least this week I did not get pushed out of the way by another shopper.

All the false information online is making me shake my head. I always tell myself not to look at such things, but when others post them as truth sometimes instead of deleting them right away, I read them and then get angry. As our oldest, Kurt says, "Mom you just have to let those types of posts go." But sometimes I can't. Sighs.

I will keep on keeping on as that is all I can or want to do.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. We are certainly living in strange times, with a lot of things that are frustrating. All we can do is our best and focus on the good. Take care and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stores are getting to me too. Home depot arrows make zero sense when one set of doors are shut, we ran into that the other night an hour before closing time. Or some stores have one arrow then another 50 feet away so sometimes it's hard to tell. As for the online stuff, so many trolls out there right now including facebook. I've had to snooze what I see from certain people that I should remain connected to but don't want to see their posts (some are relatives). Drives me bananas too and hard to let go. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad enough, that the cursed COVID-19 is horrible, but people *have* to send out false stupid stuff.

    Thankfully I haven;t seen such, in blogging. I don't doooo FaceBook, which is usually a source of crap. Maybe that's where you see it...?

    The usual so-called-news is a source of so many lies. That too, I don't "do"... But now and then, some gets through, and I go into a rage. -sigh- My sensible side says just what your son says... Sometimes it's so hard to listen to common sense though.

    Please concentrate on taking care of yourself, with that cold. __Everyone__ needs you! But!!!!!! If you don't take care of yourself, who will take care of _all_ of _them_??????

    Lots of gentle hugs,
    πŸŒΈπŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™πŸŒΈπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you recover from your cold quickly. The weather has been a pain though it looks like we'll be back in better weather by the weekend.

    No plants here yet, though I did pick up potting soil and top soil this morning in preparation for filling a few more containers. There are a lot of people out there than can't read arrow....and who insist on listing to other than medical experts.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete