Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

Another week has gone by and it is time I listed what I have done that is thrifty on the old homestead.

I have washed and put away all the elastics that were taken off various bundles of veggies. They will come in handy this summer bundling up veggies to bring in.

Since we are no longer able to use our own reusable bags for groceries all plastic bags are being stored to be used for kitty litter clean up. They are also free once again.

Twist ties are being saved and will be used to close the bag used to store homemade bread.

Clam shells that contained fruit or veggies have been washed in hot soapy water, dried and will be used to store baking in for transport to Kris's this week.

All in all I have been thrifty in little ways if not big ones.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



5 comments:

  1. I save those bands from the broccoli and use them for stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great tips, I hadn't thought about the elastics off veg. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little ways are just as important as big ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've saved all the bags, plastic and paper too. And all the rubber bands (put them around our small screw jar in the miscellaneous drawer. I did manage to get a large bags of chicken legs on sale this week - and have decided to go back to only buying things when they are on sale. I don't think we are going to see supply chain issues and if we do we will eat something else. Time to rein in the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each bit helps...

    And each idea you blog, can give possible ideas, to your Dear Readers!

    Now I have a question... What are the 'clam shells' which you are washing and will re-use?

    Gentle hugs...
    πŸŒ±πŸŒΈπŸŒ±πŸ’—πŸŒ±πŸŒΈπŸŒ±

    ReplyDelete