Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

Actually even though both our sons were home thriftiness abounded on the old homestead.

Leftovers were used for lunches by both our young men (though Kurt would take the young with a grain of salt as he is in his 40's).

I baked a few loaves of bread while they were here which is something that doesn't happen too often.

Decluttering of the yard happened. We had tried to sell Harvey's radial arm saw awhile ago and had no takers. Kurt jumped at the chance to take it home with him. Harvey and he  managed to fit it into the car.

We covered our cherry trees with netting and it actually looks as if we will get cherries this year. The greedy birds don't want to share so they can have the leftovers once I am done.

I got an almost $80 rebate from our co-op and so will use it to stock up on a few more groceries when I shop this week.

Kurt lost a button on a pair of pants so I mended those as well. My button jar sure comes in handy.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. 80 smackers back! Wow, wow! I love it.
    Very cool on the cherry tree.
    When we move, a cherry tree is on my list.
    Though I would also like blueberries.
    Peach tree would be nice as well.
    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear that you had a lovely frugal weekend with your sons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know what I would do without my button tin. some of the buttons date back to my mother's time. I'm not sure I will ever use them all but it's good to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good visit with your boys. Like you, my daughter is still in my eyes at 38.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my buttons, they bring great joy as a collection and I always have one hen needed. Sounds like a really good visit.

    ReplyDelete