Thursday, July 23, 2020

Thursday Tidbits

I was asked if I felt safe when we had our eye appointment earlier this week and so I thought I would take this opportunity to answer.

When we arrived for our appointment we phoned to let them know we were there and when it was safe for us to enter someone came out and waved us in. The receptionist asked us the usual Covid questions, and then went over our file to make sure all was the same. There was a plexiglass barrier between us and she was wearing a mask.

Chairs in the waiting room were set at 6 feet apart, so social distancing was being done.

When I was called into the first examining room the tech was just finishing up the cleaning of the examination materials. She did her series of questions, and tests. The tech was also masked and wearing rubber gloves.

I then was taken to the room where the optometrist would do his tests. The tech cleaned everything right in front of me. There was a plexiglass barrier hanging from the lens machine and the optometrist wore a mask and gloves. 

At no time did I feel unsafe, and at the time there was only Harvey and I as patients in the building.  

Today has been extremely hot and uncomfortable. Our air conditioning has run pretty much steady since around 10 this morning. We reached a real temperature of 33 C, but it felt like 42 C. I didn't dare do anything that would require me to use the oven. Heck the stove added heat to the house. It is supposed to be at least as hot tomorrow.

I did get the errands and bills paid this morning before it became too unbearable out. Watering plants in the late morning was probably a bit too late, but I suffered the walking into a wall of heat and got it done.

I had hoped to get Harvey's birthday cake baked today, but will end up making it early tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. Just like some harvesting will take place very early as well.

When things are this hot, I just want to stay in and keep cool. What did we do before air conditioning?????

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks.for the details on your eye exam. I think what we did before air conditioning was be miserably hot,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really safe, very reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precautions are being taken in so many places where dealing with the public. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recall my mom sitting on the north side of the house in the shade during the heat of the day. I was a kid and the heat didn't bother me. Now I'd be lost without a/c!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You baby boomers destroyed your own children's future, and then laughed about it and blamed it on them. Do you realize that you are going to end up in a retirement home where you are going to get treated like total trash, and abused? Your children won't be able to help you, even if they wanted to. Karma's a bitch, you boomer scum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Harvey! yes, without a/c we would survive as our parents did but since we've all become accustomed to it, we would be very unhappy! haha

    ReplyDelete