Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday Roundup

 

Kris went back up to Regina around noon today. He wanted a couple of days to get things placed back in his apartment. I sent lots of containers home with him to see if that helps with the darn roach infestation that seems to be happening in that building. 

I also sent home a couple of meals with him, something I have not done in awhile. He mentioned when home how hard it was to shop and how costly meat was getting.... Time to help out a bit by sending meals home with him. This time it was leftover pork stir fry over rice, mushroom meatballs over noodles, turkey soup, and buns as well as some chocolate coated strawberries that he and Harvey made one evening.

Kris also got to take home his temperature blanket from the year he was born.

They are a bit out of order but you can see the change in temperatures since 1976. Summers are cooling down and winters are getting warmer overall. 

I just want to say thankyou to all that have commented that having a Pap smear even without a cervix is normal. It has put my mind at rest a little bit.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Wow the blankets looks great. The weather has definitely changed. For 3 years we had a hot April,May, cooler June. This years it's been soggy! Something is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mom you are to send Kris home with lots of food! I have two sons and one of them is not married. I often send food home with him and he loves it and it makes me feel good too. Once a Mother always a Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do sympathize with Kris but glad you got to have a nice visit. Nothing we or anyone I knew did was able to eliminate roaches in our Atlanta home. We lived in a wooded area and poison plus extreme cleanliness simply reduced the quantity and kept them out of the food. I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kris - meat prices have definitely increased. I did suggest to my son that we try having meatless meals occasionally and got a "hell no" from him. I do remember when my daughter would come home and shop from my cupboards. She doesn't do it as often here now, but I usually send something home with her. This trip it was watermelon and blueberries.

    The temperature blankets are very nice and provide quite the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of a "temperature blanket" before, Jackie. How neat is that?! Yes, meat has been going up & up for awhile now... but I'm guessing the farmers are finally getting what their meat is worth. Provided the farmers are seeing the increa$e and not just the store$. Tell Kris you'll send some meals home with him every time he visits... *wink*. :-D Sounds like something I'd do. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, you are a wonderful Mom. :)
    The temperature blankets intrigue me. I'll have to Google them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How horrible for Kris to have a bug infestation. Lets hope they have now been eradicated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing worse than bugs, they make my skin crawl, but i guess it could be snakes. Love the idea of the temperature blanket, so clever.

    ReplyDelete