Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday Tidbits


 I have pulled all the plants inside that I can, covered the rest with blankets and sheets. Harvey has covered tomatoes, peppers, kale, and kohlrabi. Now all we can do is hope that there is no frost, no snow, and that things do not get too cold. 

I did my shopping today and even sticking to sale items and my list I noticed that prices have risen once again. I actually think things might get worse before they finally get better.

I am off to visit as many of you as I can tonight.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. I bought groceries today too and the prices sure are going up. I always try to stock up on the items we use a lot whenever they are on sale and that helps. Whenever gas prices are going up food prices go up too. Take care Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prices have certainly risen here, maybe only a few pence, but overall it makes a big diference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you woke to find all your outside plants were ok. I too think that prices will go up more on many items and that there will continue to be some shortages. The supply chains have been hit by the pandemic, the Memphis bridge shutdown impacting truck and barge traffic, the pipeline shutdown, and so on. You can't make up the scenario and now we have hurricane season and then winter. I'm thinking it is a chance to get creative with new recipes and substitutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to you were able to bring most everything in or put under cover. While I have everything inside the garage or house, the next door neighbour left everything out and covered nothing, and it all looks fine this morning. I think she got very lucky.

    I agree prices have gone up consistently through the pandemic. I'm much more conscious of sale prices and try to stock up when I can but some food items are essential.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cold here and will remain through Sunday. But I am sure it is much colder there. Prices are rising here also.

    ReplyDelete