Thursday, May 27, 2021

Update

 Well we got back late on Tuesday, and then the next morning I rushed around getting ready for Kris to descend on us while his apartment building (or at least the side that all the pipes traverse) gets fumigated. 


Surprisingly Kris arrived very early. Guess he had to be out of the apartment by 9, so left Regina at about 8. Spent a lovely day visiting and trying to coax Eiko out of hiding under the bed. I managed to do so a couple of times. Seems she is getting a bit more used to us each time Kris brings her along.


Now on to the other news. 


While not completely bad, it was not what I really wanted to hear. I started to get worried watching the OB/GYN flip back and forth in the pathology report. He then turned to me and said "I don't think you will need more treatment", and I breathed a sigh of relief..."But" he continued "there is an area of concern found. It isn't being called cancer, yet just to make sure I am reading this correctly I am forwarding it to the oncologists." Well he didn't say oncologist just kind of said that he was sending it to someone with more knowledge than him. I asked if he meant oncologist....


Dr. O said if I hadn't heard anything by the 4th of June I am to phone him and he will get to the bottom of why nothing has been done with it yet. Now that has me a bit concerned.


Dr. O said that he would like to see me every year for the next 4 or 5 years for a pap smear. Say what!!!! I thought once I did not have the parts that would be a thing of the past. Guess where the focus of concern is/was located he just wants to keep a close eye on it. 


I do like a thorough doctor, but this journey is taking a great deal out of me.


I will probably visit you all later when the men in my home have headed for the dam to fish.


Everybody have a wonderful day (or night depending on where you live).


God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jackie, so sorry that you have yet another worry. Praying that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I was truly hoping that everything you would be done will any worries. Now you get to wait for another week (and hopefully no more) for additional results. Wishing you good health!

    Enjoy your visit with Kris. Can you eat the fish they pull out of the dam area? I'm sure they don't care one way or the other, it's the joy of being out fishing that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, it sounds like your doc is being very thorough which is a good thing. I have a similar situation and though almost 70 have to get the pap smear test each year. So fingers and toes crossed, this will be all you will require too. Meanwhile, enjoying reading your frugality posts and learning...had no idea you could order bread machine parts online. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be very hard and scary for you. I can't imagine that kind of fear. Bless you and I pray that everything will be okay. At least you have a really good caring doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jackie: I had a total hysterectomy last year on May 30th, and my GYN told me that I need a pap test every year. She told me that, even though the "parts" are gone, there are always cervical cells in that area, and we have to be tested. Things will be okay! Blessings, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, if it's any consolation to you, I had my uterus & cervix removed back in 1995 and even though my cervix was gone, my gynecologist told me I had to have PAP smears for 5 years afterward... and I did not have cancer. So please don't be worried about the need for PAP smears. I think that's pretty standard procedure for conscientious physicians.

    One of my pet peeves in life is when people say "I don't think..." or "It should be..." or "I'm pretty sure...."!!! OMG, drives me out of my mind!!!!!!! I want to hear definitive and positive answers... yes or no. Period. NO "thinks" or "shoulds" or "pretty sures". Grrrr!!!!

    I'll keep you in prayer, honey. I wouldn't wait until June 4th because the 4th is a Friday. I'd call whoever the referred doctor is on Wednesday, June 2nd or the latest Thursday morning, June 3rd. That way you may hear back from him/her before the weekend. Don't call your doctor as he'll take forever to find the time to call the referred doctor. Call the referred doctor's office yourself.

    Doctor crap... don't you just love it. NOT!

    Prayers & hugs, Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, I will be keeping you in good thoughts and prayers. I also think your dr. is being very thorough, which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear that you don't need any further treatment, but I was sorry to hear that there is still an area of concern. Lets hope you get more reassurance when they get back to you.

    ReplyDelete