Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Around the Garden or As We Say The Backyard.

 Just a tour around the backyard or garden.


Our back deck, we have an area for plants and an area for sitting here.  Notice the bird feeder that Harvey made and extended over the yard so as to keep bird droppings to a minimum.

The BBQ and smoking area that Hubby really needs to clean up.

Firepit area that I need to do a bit of work on once we get home.








Plantings around the deck and around the firepit. Ignore the peeling paint on the cement, another thing that needs repairing when we get home. Deck needs painting as well this fall.


My Kiwi vine is finally taking off. It is probably three times as large as last year.


The perennial bed, which can be a never ending source of weeding.
Just behind the bed you can see our two dwarf cherry trees. One has been picked and the other is still netted.






Most of the veggie garden.

Our two pear trees. One is about 8 years old and the other small one was purchased last year.
The Haskap bushes are just behind this smaller pear tree.


This last picture is of the Moonflowers which opened yesterday evening. There were four of them and all were bigger than my hand. 

So other than the Goji berries you have made a trip around my yard. Hope you enjoyed the visit.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.



11 comments:

  1. Your garden is beautiful Jackie. Everything looks so lush & healthy & happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of your yard. You obviously have a green thumb. I am jealous of how well your garden is doing. I usually only get zucchini and weeds. I showed my husband the idea of the birdhouse extended out from the deck. He is thinking he might do that on ours. He dislikes cleaning the droppings. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great space to get in touch with nature and to hang out with friends and family. Part of why I Wentworth a poured cement patio was deck maintenance. My daughter is going to sand and paint hers once the heat steadies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely. It's very large. Must be a lot of work. I'd like a bigger garden myself, but here in London, it's just not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful garden. I love moonflowers. They dont seem to grow here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and such an inviting place. I really like your patio and grilling area. Thank you for the tour. I love seeing other's yards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is your yard pretty but productive as well. What a nice space you both have created. That moon flower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the visit, Jackie. I've never heard of or seen moonflowers, as big as your hand, they must look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful garden, Jackie! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. I love that there are areas where you can sit and enjoy your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely backyard space you have! Love the colour of the house. Your moonflowers are very different than mine. Beautiful! Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete