Thursday, July 23, 2026

Thrifty and Frugal Thursday

Thrifty and Frugal

The usual thrifty and frugal practices are happening here. I did go out and purchase what we needed for our trip and probably on Sunday I will venture out to the grocery store before picking cherries and getting the one tree processed.

I mended a pair of pajama pants for Harvey. Another pair has been put into the sewing/craft room to make into rags. Those rags are very needed right now.

Sewed two dresses, pictures of which I will share on hopefully Friday. I make a very simple shift type dress for summer as those seem to be the coolest to wear. Some are made of a light cotton, and some are made with knit fabric.

Found fabric in my stash to sew Harvey a pair of summer weight pajama bottoms. Those will be completed tomorrow.

Pulled out my old tablet, powered it up and tried to get it to work. Not going to happen as it kept freezing on me. It is just too old. I guess I will be taking my notebook with me on holiday. Or perhaps I will struggle through with my phone. I can manage many things on that.

Visited our cell phone service provider and will be going back on the Saturday morning we leave for Regina to get a package put on so as to be able to use it when we are traveling for the 15 days we will be gone.


So other than eating up bits and bobs, making new lists, processing what I can from the garden, sewing, and planning on how to keep my plants watered and alive while we are gone, this is all I can come up with.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless. 

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy, sewing dresses and pyjamas. I bet you are getting excited, counting down the days till your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a plan, and knowing you, it will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you’re busy getting ready for your trip. I wish you safe travels there and back home again.
    We’ve been using up our bits and bobs here too.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, you have been busy creating. Sounds like you are getting your ducks all in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty strong list of positives. I do not see but see that would be such a great skill to have. Do you have someone to water and pick ripe produce while you're gone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. With such a long flight, you might consider compression socks if you don’t have them already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing your sewing makes. Good look with the travel prep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jackie, you are so resourceful and very organized! You have tremendous talent in sewing as well! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend! I wish you a very happy and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have definitely not been frugal this week because for some reason I spent too much time on the Lens Mill and Michael's web sites and my credit card got a workout. I can justify most of what I bought but there were a few things that snuck into my orders that I really didn't 'need' but fell on the 'want' list.

    ReplyDelete