Tonight we are going to be attending one of our summer theater productions. This one is based on the music of Abba and of course Momma Mia. It should be good, if I can manage to stay awake.
I have been working out a few more details about Jerry as well. I am sorry but I forgot who mentioned our names all start with "J". Actually my Dad's name was Jack (Jacob) and my Mom's name was Jean. We were always known as "The 6 J's" among family and friends. Strangely I hadn't thought of that in years.
We have been working on getting some very necessary painting done outside. I am not sure if the deck will be repainted totally this year, but the railing and wooden furniture will be. I will also get the wooden windows painted as well.
I have begun to do the dehydrating of herbs. Today I did some basil, mint, and oregano. Tomorrow I hope to do some thyme, more oregano and some parsley. Definitely need to keep up with that this year. The last few years have not been good for growing basil for some reason. I am hoping that this year is better.
There are only a few (well tonight, tomorrow, and part of Thursday) to get ready for the reunion. Pretty sure I will make it, but man things are getting much more complicated every time we do this (and we do this every second year in Harvey's family).
I find that the pressure to get things together, and make meals or pack food is slowly grinding me down. I am also the last one to learn anything or hear anything so these reunions are very hard on my nerves. I don't want to say or do anything wrong or his family looks down their noses at me. Stressful really. Harvey used to say that it was my imagination, but one time he really noticed how I was being treated and realized what had been going on pretty much since his parents passed away. I keep on plugging away though spreading cheer whenever I can.
I have gotten supper started, and we should be eating with enough time left for me to get dishes cleared away before it is time to leave. I will let you all know how the production was.
Everybody have a wonderful evening. God bless.

You have been busy.
ReplyDeleteFirst enjoy the production - sounds nice.
Second, that is awful you have to feel that after all these years of marriage. I know it can be an awful feeling when the spouses family just doesn't seem to connect! I do hope you can have a nice time.
You've always kept busy. I recall the reunion tends to be a bit stressful. I hope this year's event goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet you are looking forward to your vacation.
Oh I bet the musical will be enjoyable and just what you may need. There's a lot on your plate, Jackie.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe I would want to be in charge of planning a reunion. I'd get overwhelmed. I did all that kind of stuff in my younger years and I actually thought it was invigorating. What was I thinking???
Dear Jackie, please take good care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a nice time at the reunion and that everyone is respectful towards you. If not, don't take it personally. It says more about them than you. Keep being your authentic self, don't change for anyone.
ReplyDeleteLife is too short to expose ourselves
ReplyDeleteNasty people. Be as kind as you can . But don't tolerate anyone abuse you .I'm glad your husband finally sees
how they are treating you.
Enjoy your your show.
The musical sounds great. And, I'm with everyone else - you are a lovely person who works hard & is making the time with your husband's family meaningful. If they choose not to embrace that, it's on them & not you. You'll have done what you can & can feel good about your own behavior &maturity. Sorry that people can sometimes be.... less than great, shall we say. - Hawaii Planner
ReplyDeleteOh, we must be talking about Joel's family. I am waiting on an inheritance and then goodbye...
ReplyDeleteTension with in laws can be very upsetting, I'm so sorry that you are been treated this way. I'm sure you will do the best you can to get through this reunion, and maybe think about whether you want to attend the next one.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself, Jackie, and let any nasty comments wash over your head. It is they who are at fault, not you xx
ReplyDeleteI made some soup this week using the fennel I dehydrated and it really made the soup taste delicious. I’ll definitely be drying more herbs this year. My family including me, my brother and sister, and mom and dad all have had names that began with the letter B, which is something else you and I have in common.
ReplyDeleteBelinda
I'm catching up on your posts again Jackie. I hope the musical production was enjoyable. I have similar issues with my husbands family & it is not easy so I am sending you my sympathies Jackie. xx
ReplyDelete