Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff


 The week has started off with a bang. Busy getting things used up, harvesting, canning, freezing, making jam and of course doing the usual tasks around the house.

I promised you all pictures of my projects that actually got finished (of course there are a few that haven't).


The reusable facial cleansing pads.

This is the bag of mittens I sent back with Kurt. And the following picture is how full 100 pairs of mitts make it.


Glad that is out of my sewing/craft room.


Scraps cut and ready to be stored away for future use.


My two shift dresses for the summer. Very simple pattern and I find this pattern one that is very cool to wear.

Cherries were picked and jam made. Hoping the second tree ripens before we leave so I can make cherry pie filling.

Dehydrating continues and I may actually be caught up on that until we return. 

I hope to make a half recipe of relish tomorrow. Must get out and pick some green tomatoes, and another cucumber or two.

I even pulled chicken stock out of the chest freezer and made a big batch of chicken veggie soup.


This is now in the molds and once frozen will be vacuum packed and put in the freezer. 

I hope to give you a tour of our backyard (or garden) tomorrow. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.


9 comments:

  1. I like shift type dresses. They're impossible to find. I remember wearing them in the 60's and my mom made them in psychedelic prints and of course my white go go boots. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very busy. That is a lot of mittens! Nice dresses.
    You have made some yummy goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been super busy Jackie. I wish I was as productive as you are. I love the little mitts you knit for the kids. So sweet and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet dresses and I love the pattern. The mittens will be such a good gift for the receivers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really wish I had what it takes to attempt making dresses. I like mine maxi-length and these days they're pretty much impossible to find in the thrifties. I flatly refuse to pay full price so I wear the ones I have to death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are also so productive! I'm sure Kurt and school appreciate all the mittens. I'm a slacker this year, I've only made a single pair. The yard has been taking up much too much time. Looking forward to your garden/yard tour photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, you are a powerhouse! I love the dresses and patterns, and the mittens are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 100 pairs of mittens, that's a real achievement and sure to be pounced on with glee by the kids. Guess they get to choose their own pair, or two?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so busy! Sure wish I could sew like that!

    ReplyDelete