Saturday, April 6, 2013

Aquiring More Fabric for Quilting or Rug Making

I decided to clean out closets this week and after my trip to the Salvation Army thought I would recycle the material from my cotton tops myself.

First I cut off all the buttons, you never know when you will need a button, right?

Then I dismantled the portions that I can use for quilting or making rag rugs (I found a neat one on Pinterest, rug I mean, that I would like to try.

I also cut up two pairs of blue jeans that no longer fit me properly. They shrunk (I did not put on a few extra pounds over the winter). The denim I will use on quilts.

Here is my stack of almost free fabric.

I am quite happy with what I ended up with.

Hey, I even found some old shirts and such that belong to Kris. If he doesn't want them, they are going to end up being used like this.

I feel very frugal today and very happy that I have some new scraps of fabric to play around with come the summer.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment